Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Mommy Test

As the days roll by, no wait sprint by, and as I watch my stomach reach proportions I thought unattainable, I am struck by the fear that someone will find me out. Some passerby will say, "Oh I see your pregnant. But have you passed the mommy test?" Seriously, I cannot believe there isn't a skill test for something of this magnitude. A diaper changing, baby holding, food preparing, patience bearing Mommy test. Because while I love kids, I'm scared of infants. They're, well, they're floppy and what if I feel as terribly awkward holding my own as I do other people's?

1 comment:

  1. I hear you! I thought many of the same things before I had Caleb. The good news is, for some reason holding your own is entirely different than holding other people's! It just seems totally normal. That and after we saw the nurse give him a bath in the hospital I realized I didn't have to be quite so concerned about the floppy head.:)

    ReplyDelete