Thursday, July 16, 2009

Patience


I wanted to come back from our El Salvador trip totally changed, with a new strong direction in life. I wanted to come back remembering every taste, every smell, and incorporate the experience into my everyday life. However, my memories are fading, the feeling of immediacy is slowly slipping away.

I feel very much like I did while in El Salvador, drilling the second well. We had just left an amazing experience in drilling the first well in one day. Going from that high, to the three fruitless days of drilling on the second well taught me a lot about patience and God's plan.

We didn't know what was under the rock we were drilling through, all we knew is that we were in a hard place, a slow paced place. We worked hard, and we worked long days, which is what we were called to do. All the while trusting that God had a plan, God knew the direction for the well.

So I'm back there now. I'm working away, not knowing the final goal, God's ultimate plan. All I know is that there is a love that grows daily in my heart for the people of Latin America.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to see what God shows you and Dave beneath the rock, past the hard place. "Roca de agua buena." You'll get there. Meanwhile, I love you both and am praying for that heart for Latin America to keep expanding.

    ReplyDelete