Wednesday, July 1, 2009

So what's next?


As we settle back into our lives, Dave and I are making a plan to continue the impact that Living Water International has in the lives of people worldwide.

It's hard to sit in my air-conditioned office, in my clean clothes, and remember the heat and humidity and physical work that we were doing only two weeks ago. The amazing part is, the LWI work in El Salvador continues. A team is there drilling now. So what can we do here in Wyoming?

www.onedollarwater.com - LWI has set-up a program that donates one dollar a day to provide clean water for people in impoverished countries. They encourage you to not only donate a dollar a day, but save a dollar a day in order to do so; go without your weekly coffee, daily vending machine snack, or walk to work to save on fuel.

www.water.cc - I would love to see our home church, First Baptist, put together a team to drill, and sponsor a well as a church. I would love to see 10 people come forward to share such an amazing experience. I was surprised to learn that a well in El Salvador can range from $5,000-$10,000. I know that we would love to help sponsor a well by giving and support raising.

Speaking of support raising, I stumbled across a section of LWI's website that suggested the use of a 5k-10k race as a fund raiser. I've been thinking that a FBC sponsored race in our community would be really fun. It would be even better to use the event for such an amazing cause. I've just emailed our pastor about it, and am excititing to see the outcome of this idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment